Friday, December 10, 2010

A Declaration of Intent

I am an undergraduate college student majoring in English with a minor in Cinema and Media Studies. I am deeply in love with movies, tv shows, and other forms of visual media. Movies are awesome. I am thinking, after I get my degree, of going to graduate school for film and getting a Masters degree, or perhaps even a PhD, in film analysis.

The way I figure it, getting that degree would involve watching and writing about a lot of films. So I thought to myself "Why not start now?" I have DVDs, I can just start taking what little knowledge I have now and applying it to actual movies. I'll only get good at it if I practice.

And then I thought I'd put it online, because there's no way that could end in tears. Actually, it's going online as an incentive to actually do it, but tears are still a possibility. Everything is more fun when it's shared, though.

Full disclosure: I am only partly through my film minor. I am not even kind of a professional. I only just learned a bunch of fun terms like diegetic and mise-en-scène, and there are probably a bunch of terms I don't even know exist. This is a strictly amateur endeavor, because I think it will be fun. If I were really awesome, I wouldn't have left my film text book in my dorm room when I went home for winter break.

I'm sure I'll manage anyway.

1 comment:

  1. That's how all bloggers feel sweets! Have fun! <3<3 We are all amateurs but still find readers, because, regardless, we have history and can write intelligently about our subject (or we fake it well :D )

    ReplyDelete